What does Elizabeth mean? “Consecrated to God” or “my God is bountiful.” From the Hebrew name Elisheba, biblical wife of Aaron.
What name means consecrated?
More popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries than today. Elspeth or Elspet is a feminine given name, which is the Scottish form of Elizabeth. It means “chosen by God” or “consecrated by God”.
Remember Your Favorit Names.
What name means devoted to god?
Caleb. He worked with Moses and his name means “devotion to God.” Gabriel/Gabriella. Gabriel was an angel in the Bible, and Gabriella is the feminized form of this name. It means “devoted to god.”
What name means anointed by god?
Nathan is a sweet name for a baby boy. It means gift from God. … His name means anointed, or compensation.
What name means god’s saved?
Joshua = Yahshua = Yah + shuah. Yah is short for Yahweh, and shuah is from yeshuah which means “to save, save alive, rescue.” In other words, the more appropriate translation for Jesus’ name is “God rescues.” That immediately changes the implication, as Ben pointed out in his page.
What does consecrated mean in Hebrew?
Consecrate means to make holy or to dedicate to a higher purpose. … The secr part of consecrate comes from the Latin sacer “sacred.” Remember that something consecrated is dedicated to God and thus sacred.
What name means Child of God?
Baby Girl Name: Bithiah. Meaning: Daughter of God. Origin: Hebrew.
What girl name means blessing?
Girl Names that Mean Blessing
- Aksha – Hindi, meaning “a blessing.”
- Ayah – Arabic, meaning “a miracle.”
- Blessing – English, meaning a divine gift.
- Genevieve – French, meaning “God’s blessing.”
- Beatrix – Latin, meaning “she who brings happiness.”
- Carwyn – Welsh, meaning “blessed love.”
What name means joy in Hebrew?
Simcha. This Hebrew name, meaning ‘joy’, was originally a female name, but is used for boys among the Ashkenazic Jews.
What names mean salvation?
- Origin: Hebrew.
- Meaning: “the Lord is my salvation”
- Description: Joshua was derived from the Hebrew name Yehoshu’a, from the roots yeho, referring to God, and yasha’, meaning “to save.” Joshua shares origins with the name Jesus, which comes from the Aramaic variation Yeshu’a.
What name means protector?
Names That Mean Protector
- Alastair – Scottish name meaning “defender”
- Alessandra – Greek name meaning “protector”
- Alexa – Greek name meaning “defender”
- Alois – German name meaning “warrior”
- Aloysius – French name meaning “warrior”
- Andro – Greek name meaning “warrior”
- Batair – Gaelic name meaning “warrior”
What baby name means miracle?
The French baby girl names Mireille, Marvel and Marvella all mean “miracle,” while Mireya is a Spanish name that means “miracle.” Micaela and Mikelle are both English names that mean “gift from God,” while Mirabelle is a French name that means “of incredible beauty.” We also love the names Bea, Gwyneth, Annie, Sachi, …