Is God trying to get our attention?
When God is trying to get your attention, it’s because He has a better plan for you. Actually, His way is always better, even when you can’t see the road ahead. To be honest, His plan likely includes discomfort. But it also includes more joy, peace, and spiritual growth than you can imagine now.
Does God use pain to get our attention?
Sometimes other things get our attention. An ache or pain can tell us something is wrong that may need medical care. … Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.” (Psalm 139:15-16) Because He knows our needs, He knows whether we need attention-getters that encourage us or warn us.
What does God say about focusing on him?
Because he has focused his love on me, I will deliver him. I will protect him because he knows my name. When he calls out to me, I will answer him. I will be with him in his distress.
How do you tell God is talking to you?
6 Biblical Signs God Is Speaking To You
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — His Word. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Audibly. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Other People. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Visions And Dreams. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — An Inner Knowing. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Clear Or Blocked Paths.
Why does God get our attention?
Jeremiah 29:11 clearly states that God wants to give us a hope and a future. He gets our attention in order to give us that hope and a future that He promised. … We need to pay attention to the things that happen to us and around us to discern when God is trying to capture our attention.
How do you know God is preparing you for a breakthrough?
So here are 3 signs God might be preparing you for a major breakthrough that could be right around the corner. God doesn’t build on uneven ground. God doesn’t try to grow seeds in soil that is not good. And before God brings you into his presence, he will first cleanse you from all sin.
How do you know God is testing you?
Obedience seems to always be a key part of God’s testing. He gives us things to do which make no sense to us and are not particularly appealing, although they are good for us. Then he watches our response to learn exactly how we feel about our relationship with him. If we trust him, we typically obey.
How do you know when God is working in your life?
God uses His word, and those who share it with others, to work in your life. … In order to see God continuing to work in your life, go to church, study the Bible, and pray, and actively look for what God is saying to you, how He wants you to turn your life around, and how He promises to guide you the whole way.
How do you know if you heard from God?
How to Know If We’re Hearing God’s Voice
- God’s voice doesn’t obsess over our problems. …
- God’s voice doesn’t gossip. …
- God’s voice will usually speak with you about your own heart, not others’ hearts. …
- God’s voice focuses more on the heart of the issue, than on direct answers. …
- God’s voice will never contradict Scripture.
How do we stay focused on God?
5 Ways to Focus on God (and Not the World)
- Consistent Bible Study.
- Constant Prayer.
- Read Books that Grow Your Faith.
- Preach the Truth to Yourself.
- Recount Your Blessings.
What happens when we focus God?
Sometimes God makes difficult situations in your lives or doesn’t give you the answer that you seek, so you will turn your focus back to listening. He will talk to you through your emotions and feelings in our heart if you listen. The more you listen to God the more you become in tune with God.
How do we hear God’s voice?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.