What happens when you pray to Lord Shiva?
Lord Shiva is the God of wisdom. He is one of the three gods who rule the universe. Though he is known as a god of destruction, he posses all the knowledge this universe has to offer. When you worship him, you will be bestowed upon with immense knowledge that will change your perspective towards life.
How do I connect to Shiva?
Ways to connect with Lord Shiva
- Free your mind of all clutter and be pure as fire –Remember your mind doesn’t control you and your actions. …
- Chant Om Namah Shiva- Start with daily practice of 108 times mantra and increase in multiples like 216,432 and keep going, you can achieve surprising benefits.
Which Colour Lord Shiva likes?
We all know that Lord Shiva is fond of flowers. It is believed that Lord Shiva should only be offered flowers that are white in colour.
How do Shiva pooja at home?
Shiva Puja Vidhi
- Light an oil lamp and place it on the altar in your home.
- Do Dhyana (meditation).
- Chant ‘OM Namah Shivaya’ as many times as you can.
- Invoke Lord Shiva.
- Begin the puja by performing the abhishekam of the Shiva Lingam or the idol of Lord Shiva. …
- Gently dab the idol with a fresh piece of cloth.
How do I start Worshipping Lord Shiva?
Pray to Lord Shiva at least once a day at home or at a temple. Create a routine where you worship or pray to Lord Shiva in the morning to start your day or at night to wind down before bed. Meditate in front of the shrine to Lord Shiva as a form of worship.
Why do I cry when I pray to Shiva?
While recitation puja, tears come out from your eyes, the divine power of God is giving you some indication. When tears come from your eyes while doing meditation or recitation, it means that God is giving you a sign.
How do you get a Shiva blessing?
Follow these tips to please lord shiva and get his blessing at home.
- Do regular prayer to Shiva lingam at home in the morning and evening every day.
- Wash the Shivling and apply vibhuti or bhasm.
- Light deep Incense sticks also known as agarbathi.
- Recite “Namah Shiva” few times.
Why do I feel attracted to Lord Shiva?
A big reason for feeling drawn to Lord Shiva is that he is ‘asutosh’, easily pleased. He doesn’t seem to want much ritually, just bael leaves and water, if that. So he’s not a high-maintenance aradhya (worshiped one) in terms of fuss and bother, you can be Shaiva without ever setting foot in a shivala.
What happens when you chant Om Namah Shivaya?
Om Namah Shivay mantra is a passage to know and understand your own self, to dedicate some time to your inner self. … In general ॐ नमः शिवाय means “I Bow down to Shiva”. In a way, it means bowing down to your own self as Shiva resides in all as own consciousness.
What is Shiva’s Favourite food?
No doubt, Bhaang is the favourite food of Lord Shiva. The drink is made from crushed hemp leaves. It is also said that the drink helps to cure many ailments and get rid of all sorts of pain.
What Shiva likes the most?
Some of the common items used for Shiva Abhisheka are:
- Tender/young Coconut.
- Vibhuti (holy ash)
- Panchamruta (Curd based delicacy consisting of Panch(5) items: Milk, Sugar, Ghee (clarified butter), Honey, curd)
- Sandalwood Paste.
Do Lord Shiva used to eat meat?
Shiva’s fondness for meat is further emphasised when Jarasandha, a devotee of Shiva, keeps kings as captives only to kill them and offer their flesh to Shiva. Shiva’s meat-eating habits find a clear voice in the Vedas as well as the Puranas, but his association with wine-drinking seems a later appendage.
How can I pray to Lord Shiva at home?
How to worship Lord Shiva at home
- Do a regular prayer to Shiva lingam at home during the early morning and also evenings every day.
- Wash the shiv linga and apply vibhuti or bhasm.
- Light a deep and incense stick.
- Recite “Om Namah Shiva” a few times.
Can we do Shiv Pooja in evening?
Lord Shiva being the Supreme Brahmam is present everywhere and any time. You can think of Him, pray to Him or chant His holy name any time. If you are going to meditate on him, early morning before sunrise and evening sunset times are considered suitable.
How do I offer water to Lord Shiva?
It is believed that Lord Shiva is the happiest around water. This is one of the reasons why a vessel is hung over the lingam in temples from which water keeps dripping out. You can offer your respect to Shiva by pouring water or milk over the lingam or Shivling, especially on Monday.