THE REDEEMED WILL BE WITH JESUS
AND THE SEVENTH TRIUMPH IN DETAIL – PART 3
THE VICTORY OF THE LAMB ASSURED
We have been thinking ABOUT the Christian’s responsibility to carry the Gospel to an evil and lost world (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20). Sometimes we can get a little discouraged. Also, when folks study the book of Revelation they can get a little fearful. However, when that happens, man should reflect on some of God’s blessings that He has for those who are obedient. So, lets consider some of the blessings of being saved and going to heaven when we follow the road to heaven found in Romans 10:9-13 and John 3:16.
“that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, ‘whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame’. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For ‘whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved’ ” (Romans 10:9-13, NKJV).
Now think about John 3:16 with the background of Romans 10:9-13.
“For God so loved the world [you] that He gave His only begotten Son [Jesus], that WHOEVER [YOU] believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16, NKJV).
By following the above, Scriptures states that you will be going to heaven. (see Ephesians 1:11-14).
Now let’s consider some of the blessings of being saved, having followed Romans 10:9-13 and John 3:16. Here are some of God’s promises for you if you have decided to follow Jesus:
- Believers are made white as snow (Isaiah 1:18).
- David sang joyfully after he repented of adultery and God forgave him (Psalm 32:1-2).
- David was depressed until he repented and was forgiven – (Psalm 32:3-4).
- God readily forgave David when He repented and confessed his sin (Psalm 32:5).
- David’s confession of sin and his cry for forgiveness occurred only by God’s Grace (Psalm 51:1-17).
- God will not despise a broken spirit and contrite (crushed totally by sorrow and guilt) heart – (Psalm 51:17). Deep sorrow leads to genuine repentance (2 Corinthians 7:9-10).
- How great is God’s forgiveness – (Psalm 103:12.
- The Lord is kind and forgiving – (Psalm 86:4-7).
- God calls sinners to seek him and promises forgiveness when they repent. (Isaiah 55:6-7).
- Jesus extends a loving invitation to the lost, or the Christian, who are discouraged and tired – (Matthew 11:28-30).
NOW LET’S DIVE INTO REVELATION, NOT FEARING GOD’S WORD, AS WE LOOK AT THE SEVENTH TRUMPET IN DETAIL (PART III).
Assurance 3: Babylon, the Godless State and Religion, Will Fall (Revelation 14:8).
FACT: Jesus Christ is going to triumph over the godless society and corrupt religion of this world.
FACT: No matter the government and religion, if the government and religion are godless and corrupt, they are going to be judged by GOD and doomed.
FACT: The wrath of God is going to fall upon them, and they will be crushed as the dust of the earth. This is the third great assurance given to the godly people of this earth:
Babylon will fall in the end times.
- The fall is announced (Revelation 14:8).
- The reason why Babylon will be destroyed: it will be the capital of an apostate civilization (v. 8).
Revelation 14:8 – Babylon – Civilization – World Government – All Are Corrupt.
In the Old Testament Babylon was the great enemy of Israel (Isaiah 21:9; Jeremiah 50:2; 51:8). Because of this, the very name of Babylon came to stand for…
- a corrupt political system that stood against God.
- a corrupt economic system that stood against God.
- a corrupt religion that stood against God.
FACT: Babylon symbolized the political, economic, and religious center of a godless society.
- It was a society – nation or government or religion that defied God.
- Here in Revelation, Babylon stands for the city of the Antichrist.
- Here it stands as the capital of the world; it stands for the political and economic system which the Antichrist establishes.
- It also stands for the religious capital or system of the second beast.
- It also stands for the apostate and universal state and religion which the Antichrist sets up before the whole world.
- Both the corrupt political and religious systems of the end time will be destroyed once and for all in the end time.
“And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground” (Isaiah 21:9).
“Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and set up a standard; publish, and conceal not: say, Babylon is taken, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces, her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces” (Jeremiah 50:2).
“A sound of battle is in the land, and of great destruction. How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! How is Babylon become a desolation among the nations! I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou has striven against the LORD. The LORD hath opened his armoury, and hath brought forth the weapons of his indignation: for this is the work of the Lord GOD of hosts…” (Jeremiah 50:22-25).
“Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed” (Jeremiah 51:8).
“And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird” (Revelation 18:2).
(Revelation 14:8) – Babylon – Judgment – Wrath: there a reason why Babylon will be destroyed. Why will the political and religious system of the world be destroyed in the end times? Good question:
- Is not a one-world government and religion a good thing?
- Will not the dream of men for a one-world government and religion bring the kingdom of utopia to earth?
NOTE: Revelation 14:8 says that Babylon will be destroyed for one reason: she will make ALL nations drink of the wine of her fornication. The picture is twofold.
1. Babylon, the end-time government.
Note: The Bible gives the reason why Babylon will be destroyed. So we can be better prepared to answer questions from the unsaved.
Good Question: People will be asking, “Is not a one-world government and religion a good thing?”
Good Question: Will not the dream of men for a one-world government and religion bring THE KINGDOM OF UTOPIA to earth?
Note: This verse, Revelation 14:8, says that Babylon will be destroyed for ONE REASON. She will make ALL nations drink the wine of her fornication. The picture is CLEAR.
Babylon, the end-time government, will be like a prostitute who entices men into bed with her by giving them wine and getting them so intoxicated that they can no longer resist her seduction.
The end-time government will be just like a prostitute; Babylon will seduce and entice the governments of the world to join her in her corruption. What will the corruption be?
a. There will be the corruption of idolatry. The state will push the secular and humanistic religion, the fact that man and his government are the answer to the utopian society and world. Therefore, the Antichrist and his government will set up the state as the first loyalty of a person.
“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools…..Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever” (Romans 1:20-22, 25).
Romans 1:20 – Let’s note some things:
God is the only living and true God; He shows wrath because men reject the signs of creation. Creation reveals God. The whole universe, its presence and its nature, declares God.
However, note something often overlooked. Men can look at nature and see more than the simple fact that God is the great Creator. Men can see more than a supreme Being behind the creation of the universe. They can see “the invisible things” of God. This means at least two things.
1. Man can see the “ETERNAL POWER,” the Supreme Intelligence and Force (or Energy) of God. Man can look at the creation of the earth and outer space, of plants and animals, of man and woman; he can look and clearly see their…
- bodies and structure.
- variety and beauty.
- arrangement and order.
- purpose and laws.
When man looks at such things and reasons with an honest spirit, he sees clearly that the world was made by a Creator. But, as previously stated, man sees much more. He sees that the Creator is a God of supreme…
- life & being.
- beauty & majesty.
- energy & power ((the Supreme Force).
- value & worth (morality).
- purpose & meaning.
- mystery (things not understood; secrets undiscovered).
- design & order (law).
2. Man can see the Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), that is the deity of God. When he looks at nature and reasons with an honest spirit, he sees clearly that the Creator who is God who…
- cares and provides for what He has created.
- gives life and has interest in life, including babies (born & unborn).
- regenerates, replenishes, and carries things on.
- deserves worship and obedience (being the Creator of life and purpose, and being the Supreme Person of law and order demands that all his subjects serve and obey Him).
Note what Scriptures say: MAN IS WITHOUT EXCUSE. The point is shocking. Man has every evidence imaginable within creation directing him toward God, yet man rejects the knowledge of God within creation. This is the second reason why God reveals and shows His wrath. Man is without excuse. Man has no defense, no answer, no reason that can justify his rejection of God.
“Nevertheless He (God) left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness” (Acts 14:17).
“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:” (Romans 1:20).
“The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament sheweth His handywork” (Psalm 19:1).
“The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory” (Psalm 97:6).
“Note” Because of time, we will have to look at (Romans 1:21) next time. Have a wonderful time as you interact with God’s Word.
If you do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Personal Savior, please review John 3:16 and Romans 10:9-13 and then, in prayer, follow what the Scripture says.
Log onto wilkinsradio.com to find a station near you that streams live our “Reaching Out” broadcast. We welcome your comments and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-707-2728.