Prophecy – Part 77 – Revelation 8:1-5 continued
Unless otherwise stated – All Scriptures are from KJV.
Let’s remember what we have seen thus far. This book is extremely important, for it tells about the end of the world, Israel, Christians, the Great White Throne, etc. Remember, there had been a search throughout the universe for a qualified individual to open the book and no one could be found, except the Lamb of God. Only He can handle the end days.
This book that was in the Father’s hand was secured with seven seals and only God’s Son is qualified to open the seals and oversee the end days. As Christ began to break the seals a most unusual thing began to happen. A picture, movie-like scene, began to be played out before John and the heavenly host.
KEY: What they saw was the horror and terrible things that are going to happen at the end of the world.
- They had already seen the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the destruction and havoc caused by the antichrist.
- They were shown how the antichrist sought to control the world by his actions. They were shown his gaining control of the world by war, famine and economic controls.
- These types of actions and characteristics have been seen in most ages, but they are to be intensified in the tribulation at the end of the world.
- The fifth seal (Revelation 6:9) gave us a view of the martyrs who were slaughtered by the antichrist while he pursed his efforts to gain control of the world.
- The sixth seal showed the rumblings of God’s judgment being prepared and simply states, “the great day of His WRATH IS COME:” Revelation 6:17, the threshold of the GREAT TRIBULATION .
NOW we come to the seventh seal (Rev 8:1). However, let’s consider some things before we jump into the area of the seventh seal.
- Remember that the seals of a scroll are not part of the scroll. They are there to secure the roll by ribbons or some cord or tape that is wrapped around the scroll or book to hold it together.
- The seals must be broken to open the book.
- The point is, the seal judgments are events that happen before the end time itself, before the events of the book itself are seen.
- The seal judgments are the events that happen BEFORE THE GREAT TRIBULATION. This is exactly what Christ said.
- Christ called the preliminary events “the BEGINNING OF SORROWS” or woes (Matthew 24:8).
- Christ also called the most terrible events of the last days the “Great tribulation” (Matthew 24:21).
Now as we move forward in time and actions, it is time for the seventh seal to be broken (Rev 8:1). When it is broken, we have already seen that there are the preparations for judgment.
- We have the picture of a shattering silence (Revelation 8:1).
- We have seen the instruments of judgment, the giving out of the trumpets and the golden censer (8:2-4).
- Third we have seen the signs of the coming judgment begin upon the earth (8:5).
(Revelation 8:1) Seal Judgments
So, let’s look as the seventh seal as it is broken. There is the picture of a shattering silence which we have previously investigated a little. Remember, this was the silence of awe and of reverence before God. Also remember that the heavenly host has seen so much that they feared what might be next.
When the seventh seal is broken and nothing happens, the heavenly host are struck dumb. They just stood there, no one saying anything; there was absolute, complete and total silence, they were speechless.
THE POINT IS: There are times that we, even in the Age of Grace, need to slow down, get off our race track [whatever it is, job, worldly activities, etc.] and concentrate on the Lord Jesus Christ (Colossians 3:1-4).
Go forward with me into John’s time (THE FUTURE) and there stands our Lord. The seventh seal is broken and nothing happens. There is stillness, complete and absolute stillness. Christ stands there in stone silence. He does not move or speak. Perhaps our prayer time could be helped by this scene, if we would simply apply this example to our lives.
NOTE: There are times, especially in our prayer warrior closet when silence is the best approach to God. There are times when we should just listen to Him as He speaks to us through the ministry of the Holy Spirit or His Word. Maybe Satan would not find us such an easy target of his deceit.
We need to let Scripture speak to our hearts:
“Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things THAT are not yet done, saying, My counsel SHALL STAND, and I WILL DO ALL MY PLEASURE:” (Isaiah 46:10).
“But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him” (Habakkuk 2:20).
“Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation” (Zechariah 2:13).
- How wonderful it is that God cannot be stopped and the awesome things we learn in Scripture WILL come to pass. Amen.
“Therefore the PRUDENT shall keep silence in that time: for it is an EVIL TIME” (Amos 5:13).
“And we know that we are of God, AND THE WHOLE WORLD LIETH IN WICKEDNESS” (I John 5:19).
“Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:” (Galatians 1:4).
“In whom the god of this world [Satan] hath blinded the MINDS of them which BELIEVE Not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them” (2 Corinthians 4:4).
(Revelation 8:2-4) Trumpet Judgments: there is the picture of the instruments of justice and judgment. Let’s pay attention to the two instruments of judgment.
- There are seven angels who suddenly appear out from the Book of Destiny and immediately take their place before God. God hands them seven trumpets. Again, note this: the seven angels come forth when the seventh seal is broken. Picture the scene:
- Picture the heavenly host surrounding the throne of God. How exciting; try to visualize this in your mind.
- Picture all the spectacular scenes, horror, and suffering that John and the heavenly host have witnessed thus far.
- Picture the breaking of the seventh seal and the stone silence for thirty minutes — absolute silence (Rev 8:1).
- Picture the bursting into view the seven mighty angels taking their place before the throne of God. Wow, there can be no doubt but they are there to carry out the will of God (Rev 8:3).
- Picture the seven mighty angels standing there tall, broad and erect. The power they possess is clearly seen in their persons.
THE POINT IS: The heavenly host knows something: when God hands these mighty messengers seven trumpets, the judgments about to take place will be coming directly from God Himself. How should we react as we think about these mighty angels and we see these judgments come to pass?
- In fear? Or,
- They come to pass because the angels act in FAITH. In absolute confidence in our God!
Try to connect their obedience to God’s commands and how we should obey God’s commands. The principle of “obedience” should not be seen only for the future. Did not Christ say, “if your love me, keep my commands?” See John 14:15.
Good question: “What do you do with Christ’s commands such as: Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8 – to take God’s message of His love to the world? Do we tell of His message of salvation which is available to anyone who wants it (John 3:16)?
(See also John 3:14-16; John 13:35; I Peter 1:22; I Corinthians 13:13).
- The second judgment is exciting, it is the prayers of all the saints or believers (Rev. 8:3).
NOTE: These are the prayers of ALL the saints. Some were in heaven and some were still on earth. All had suffered and some were still suffering the savage persecution of the antichrist and his government.
Also remember how savage the persecution will be: literally millions, numberless multitudes will be killed (Revelation 7:9-17). Believers will be crying out to God day and night for deliverance, for justice, for vindication – for the hand of such cruelty is to be dealt with either by conversion or removal, and to be dealt with speedily.
The point is this: the day is coming when God is going to answer the prayers of His people. He is going to cast His judgment against the antichrist and his government and all those who have followed him. All who have opposed God are going to suffer judgment, the most horrible judgment imaginable, all who have stood against God…
by ridiculing and mocking His people,
by cursing and abusing His people,
by attacking and striking His people,
by arresting and imprisoning His people,
by condemning and killing His people, and
all who have rebelled against Jesus Christ – rejected, cursed, ignored, neglected, disobeyed, and disbelieved.
As we look at the future: The judgement of God is about to fall upon earth. They who have followed the antichrist and have been so cruel and inhumane shall now suffer the most horrible punishment imaginable.
FACT: All the punishment shall come directly from Him who is just and righteous as well as loved. God is making it plain that He hears and answers the prayers of His people, His followers who have suffered so much at the hands of a godless society. Those who chose to follow the antichrist will see that choosing to follow the savagery of the antichrist was not such a good idea when God’s judgment falls on them.
Listen to Scripture.
“And I say unto you, ASK, and it shall be given you; SEEK, and ye shall find; KNOCK, and it shall be opened unto you” (Luke 11:9).
“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and IT SHALL BE DONE UNTO YOU” (John 15:7).
“And whatsoever we ask, we RECEIVE OF HIM, BECAUSE WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight” (I John 3:22, emphasis added).
“He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him” (Psalm 91:15).
“And it shall come to pass, that BEFORE they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear” (Isaiah 65:24, emphasis added).
“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” (Jeremiah: 33:3).
“And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God” (Zechariah 13:9).
- Please read through this message.
- Look for a principle that you will be willing to apply to your life.
- If saved, follow 2 Corinthians 13:5 examine yourself to see if you are truly in the faith; prove yourself.
- If you are unsure of your salvation, please follow the Biblical way of salvation. Listen to Scripture.
“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, THAT LEADETH TO DESTRUCTION, AND MANY THERE BE WHICH GO IN THEREAT: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it” (Matthew 7:13-14).
“For God so loved the world, that he GAVE His ONLY Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world THROUGH him might be saved” (John 3:16-17, emphasis added).
(see also, Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:6-9; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:9-13).
If after reading the Scripture you decide that you would like to be saved and that you know that the Bible is God’s Word, follow John 3:16. It is simple, but the most powerful instruction on the face of the earth. Follow the Scripture and confess the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior and you will begin and exciting new life (2 Corinthians 5:17).
If you accept Christ as Savior, the first thing you should do is praise God for your salvation. Second, tell someone that you are saved. Have a wonderful day in Christ.