THE LAMB [THE LORD JESUS CHRIST] WILL BE VICTORIOUS!
THERE WILL BE A WONDERFUL REAPING OF THE EARTH!
In our study today we will continue to review the end-time victory of the Lord Jesus Christ, The Seventh Trumpet, [Part Three]. We will also continue our study of the Christians’ rewards in heaven which deal with Work or Position or Rule. Further, we will examine Christians’ rewards dealing with our Inheritance or Wealth.
FACT: As we indicated in a previous study, there is the reward of heavenly work to do. Heaven is not going to be a time of inactivity like so many Christians seem to think. Although it will be wonderful to sing the praises of God, there is much more in our focus in heaven.
No doubt there will be an unbroken consciousness of God’s presence and an unbroken fellowship and communion with Him. But standing around doing nothing but singing and praising the Lord would be no way to spend eternity. Our Lord is worthy of more than just words and music. So many Christians today think that this fulfills their entire responsibility to God. However, just like today, our Christian walk [life] in heaven should be full of both WORSHIP and SERVICE. (Please review our previous messages on heaven for more information on the new heavens, earth, and service at our website: openbibleministries.net.
FACT: Jesus Christ is going to be victorious over all the ungodly and evil of this world. This is the great announcement of the two angels in Revelation 14:14-16.
NOTE: Jesus Christ is going to triumph. In the last days of human history, He is coming back, (John 14:1-6) and He is going to harvest the earth. He is going to reap those who believe in Him and take them to heaven with Him.
NOTE: He is also going to judge the ungodly and evil of this earth. Christ and His followers will be vindicated; the world will see Him and know that Christ is truly the Son of God who came to earth to save man. The world is going to know….
- that He was well worth forsaking the world and its pleasures and possessions for.
- that He was well worth following and standing up for.
- that He was well worth dying for.
- that He was well worth denying oneself for.
- that He was well worth sacrificing everything for.
- that He was well worth suffering persecution for.
When Jesus returns in judgment, the world will know that He is exactly who He claimed to be: The Son of God, the Lord and Majesty of the universe. But it will be too late. Why? Because the age of Grace will have passed.
When Christ returns He is returning to bring about the judgment of the ungodly and evil, He will judge the earth. This is the scene of this passage. This is the sixth great assurance to believers, THE DAY OF HARVEST IS COMING. The lord God is going to reap the earth. The believers are going to be taken home to heaven to live with God and Jesus forever.
And all the ungodly and evil are to be judged and shut out from God’s presence. There is to be a perfect world in which nothing and no one reigns but Godliness and righteousness.
FACT: God is going to CREATE A NEW HEAVENS AND EARTH, and believers are to have the glorious privilege of living there with God forever and ever (2 Peter 3:10-13; 2 Corinthians 5:7).
Revelation 14:14 – Jesus Christ, His return
- The Harvester: The Son of Man (Revelation 14:14)
- The harvest of the earth (Revelation 14:15-16)
There is the one who is doing the harvest, the Son of Man Himself. The Son of Man is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is not only what an ordinary man is, a son of man, Jesus is also the Son of God Himself. When He came to earth He suffered through all the temptations and trials of life just as all men do. But there was one vast difference: Jesus Christ NEVER sinned. He was truly sinless. Therefore, He is the Ideal Man, the Representative Man, the Perfect Man, the embodiment of everything a man ought to be. Jesus Christ is the perfect picture of a man. Everything that God wants a man to be is seen perfectly in Jesus Christ.
The title also stresses the Ideal Servant of man. When Jesus Christ came to earth, He loved and cared for…
- the poor,
- the broken-hearted,
- the captive,
- the blind,
- the bruised,
- the outcast, and
- the bereaved.
Jesus Christ is the perfect and ideal example of concern and caring. He secured and set an example of how every person ought to SERVE OTHERS.
BUT NOTE: People do not believe this. They do not believe that God sent His Son into the world to save them. People reject the Lord Jesus Christ as the sinless Son of God, as the perfect Son of Man, as the ideal of what all sons of men should be.
Some are willing to accept Him as a great teacher and religious leader, but they rebel against, deny, and even curse Him as the Son of Man. This is the reason Jesus Christ is going to return to earth as the Son of Man–to vindicate exactly who He is.
NOTE: The world is going to know that the Man Jesus, the Carpenter from Nazareth, is the very One whom God sent to set the pattern for all men, the pattern of how we should live and minister to serve others. God sent His Son Jesus to be the SON OF MAN, for all men. And when He returns, all men will know it, for He shall return as the SON OF MAN. Now, note how He will return.
1. Jesus Christ shall return in a white cloud: white symbolizes the purity of heaven. He will be coming…
- from the world of purity and godliness.
- in the purity and godliness of heaven.
- to bring purity and godliness to the whole universe.
2. Jesus Christ shall return wearing a gold crown. As you know, gold symbolizes value and preciousness, and the crown symbolizes royalty, rule, dominion, and sovereignty.
NOTE: Jesus Christ is coming to take His rightful place in the world, to conquer all the ungodliness and evil of the world and to bring the rule and reign of God to the universe.
FACT: Nothing could be any more precious nor of any more value than the rule of God upon earth. Life in God’s new heavens and earth will be the most precious and valuable experience imaginable.
3. Jesus Christ shall return with a sharp sickle in His hand.
The sickle is a sharp tool with a long knife-like edge used to harvest the grain of the fields. This is a picture of God’s judgment. In the end time when Jesus Christ returns, He will be returning with the sickle in His hand. He will be returning to judge the world.
“Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels” (Mark 8:38).
“For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; and hath given him AUTHORITY TO EXECUTE JUDGMENT ALSO, because he is the Son of Man” (John 5:26-27).
“And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God” (Acts 7:56).
“Because he hath appointed a day, in which HE WILL JUDGE the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead” (Acts 17:31).
“And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:” (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8).
“And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, ‘Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him’ ” (Jude 14-15).
“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7).
Revelation 14:15-16 – Judgment — Jesus Christ, Return
- There is the harvest of the earth, the separation of believers from the ungodly and evil of the earth.
- The scene is spectacular and awesome.
- There is Jesus Christ hovering over the earth with a sickle in His hand.
- In a moment’s time EVERY EYE sees Him.
- The sight is wonderful and glorious to believers.
- Why???? For it means that the great day of their redemption has come.
- But it means fear and horror to unbelievers.
- Why???? It means that the great day of God’s wrath has come to fall on all unbelievers.
NOTE SOME SIGNIFICANT THINGS:
1. First, note that the harvest of the earth will be ripe.
- Another angel comes out of the temple of God, that is, out of heaven.
- This means that the angel comes from the very presence of God.
- This means that the angel is bringing the very message of God.
- In other words that what the angel has to say is from God Himself.
WHAT IS THE MESSAGE FROM GOD?
- The harvest of the earth is ripe (Revelation 14:15).
- The time for God’s Son, the Son of Man, has come to reap.
- Therefore, the shout of the angel is, “Thrust in YOUR sickle and reap!”
NOTE: The reference is to Christ Himself (Revelation 14:14).
- It is time for Him TO REAP HIS HARVEST, those who belong to Him.
- It is time for Him to separate His own followers from the ungodly and evil.
- It is time to take His followers with Him.
NOTE: Keep in mind that this is speaking of the end time, right before the world is to end.
- The believers, the followers of Christ upon earth during those days, will have suffered enough at the hands of the Antichrist and a godless world.
- The heart of Christ–as much as He longs for all persons to be saved and as much as He may wish to continue to be patient so that one more person might be saved, the time for the harvest has come.
- He cannot bear the ungodliness and evil against His people and against Himself any longer.
- It is time, time for the great day of HIS HARVEST, time to reap the fruit He has borne (Revelation 14:18).
- It is time to take His servants home to heaven–His servants who have borne so much trial and so many temptations.
2. Second, note that the harvest takes place (v. 16).
- Jesus Christ “thrusts in His sickle on the earth; and the earth is reaped.”
- The believers are harvested; they are taken out of the world and away from its ungodliness and evil.
- They are harvested to be with Christ forever and ever.
- They are delivered and freed from all the toil and sufferings of this earth.
Never again will a believer suffer…
- due to the mistreatment of an ungodly person.
- due to hunger or cold or heat.
- due to disease or accident.suffer due to toil and exhaustion.
- due to temptation and trial.
- due to sin and ungodliness and evil and death.
- the shedding of a single tear.
The believers of the end time, those dear people who trust and stand for Christ against the Antichrist and his godless society (all believers)–are going to be harvested and taken home to heaven to be with Christ forever and ever.
Christ is going to join us together–all of our dear loved ones who have gone before and all of the tribulation saints. Jesus Christ is going to take us all and form one great massive society with which He is going to populate the new heavens and earth.
NOTE: We — all believers of all time — are to be the citizens of the new heavens and earth. We are to be the SERVANTS OF GOD AND CHRIST, the servants who oversee the operation of the universe for God.
- This is the picture of the believers of the end time being harvested.
- This is the picture of their being taken up from off the earth and taken into the shelter of heaven.
- This is the picture of believers being taken out of the stormy violent weather of a godless world.
- This is the picture of the wheat (saved) being separated from the tares (unsaved).
- This is the picture of the Son of Man reaping His harvest, His fruit, His people.
This is exactly what Christ and Scripture say. Note: tares equal unsaved or lost and wheat equal the righteous or saved, those who have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-13). Which are you, lost [tares] or wheat [saved]. No one can determine this except God and you. He knows whether you will spend eternity [heaven] with Him or you end up in hell [with Satan, the Antichrist and false prophet] because you chose the wrong gate [the wrong kind of life to live here on earth] (Matthew 7:13-14).
“Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of the HARVEST I will say to the reapers, ‘Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn’ ” (Matthew 13:30).
“So shall it be AT THE END OF THE WORLD: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,” (Matthew 13:49).
“And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:” (Matthew 25:32).
“Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable” (Luke 3:17).
“And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence” (Luke 16:26).
“Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repayed” (Proverbs 13:21).
YOU HAVE HEARD OF THE WAY OF HOW TO BE SAVED. THERE ARE TWO THAT UNDERSTANDS YOUR HEART, GOD AND YOU. Let’s think about that a little.
FACT: You can go to heaven…if you want. However, the path to heaven leads through the narrow gate (Matthew 7:13-14). Note, God knows how serious you are about spending heaven with Him. So, it is important to understand your own heart, let’s consider Scripture for a little help (2 Corinthians 13:5).
FACT: God created you with a thirst that ONLY HE CAN SATISFY. Before God can quench your thirsty soul for Him, you must be convinced of how dry it really is. Listen to C. S. Lewis: “If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world” [think heaven].
- Allowing God to inspect the TRUE CONDITION OF YOUR HEART is the first step toward quenching your spiritual thirst.
- The second step is acknowledging the condition of your heart as the Holy Spirit convicts you about its condition.
Can you agree with Scripture and proclaim that it reflects your life?
“O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water” (Psalm 63:1, English Standard Version).
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied” (Matthew 5:6, ESV).
“Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 3:19-20a, ESV).
Let’s push it a little further and listen to Scripture. Why? Because God commands you to forsake your idols and worship Him alone. A misdirected thirst will find many artificial substitutes which will never really satisfy your spiritual thirst. You must identify and turn from the substitutes before Jesus will quench your thirst at the fountain of living water.
REMEMBER, AN IDOL IS ANYTHING OR ANYONE YOU PUT BEFORE GOD.
“You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image [an idol]…You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God…” (Exodus 20:3, 5, ESV).
“Little children, keep yourself from idols” (I John 5:21, ESV).
“Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry” (Colossians 3:5, ESV).
“For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things” (Philippians 3:18-19, ESV).
“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me” (Matthew 10:37, ESV).
G.K. Chesterton hits the nail on the head when he said: “When man ceases to worship God he does not worship ‘nothing’ but worships ‘everything’.” The question is: where do you stand? Do your worship God or everything?
(See John 3:16 and Romans 10:9-13 and start worshiping only God if you are not currently saved).
Personal test to find out if you are worshiping idols:
- What am I most afraid of losing?
- What do I long for or desire most passionately?
- Where do I run for comfort, joy, or satisfaction?
- What or who makes me feel the most secure?
- What do I brag about?
- What do I sacrifice the most for?
We welcome your comments and questions at 931-707-2728 or email@example.com.
Log onto wilkinsradio.com to find a station near you that streams live our “Reaching Out” broadcast.