WITH A LOUD VOICE FROM HEAVEN, DECLARES THAT VICTORY
AND SALVATION ARE NOW WON! ONCE FOR ALL!
Today, we will begin with Revelation 12:10-11 Note the words salvation, victory, heavenly praise. The victory and salvation are won by the Lord Jesus Christ. Note three important areas.
1. A loud voice in heaven will shout out that the victory and salvation are now won – once for all. How wonderful is that? Who will this voice be from? God’s people (Rev 12:10-11)!
We know this because the voice refers to “our brothers.” Note what the voice declares:
- The great salvation of our God: God WILL BE READY TO LAUNCH THE GLORIOUS DAY OF SALVATION (v10), the day of redemption, to bring every person who as ever trusted him into eternity.
Now, God will be ready to save the whole world, making a new heavens and earth, Revelation 21. The final triumph of salvation will be ready to take place. Do you praise God for His victory and for every person who has ever trusted in God for salvation; – SEE Psalm 107 – do you add thankfulness for the LORD’S goodness to man and think about what the Psalm is saying to every Christian? We have much to thank God for…but do we take the time to praise God as we should?
THINGS TO PRAISE HIM:
- The great strength of God will have just been demonstrated. Satan will have been defeated and cast out of heaven (v10).
- The great kingdom of our God will now be ready to be established forever and ever (10).
- The power of God’s, Christ the Messiah will be proven. Ever true believer will now live with God forever, worshipping and serving Him — all because of the power of God’s Messiah (John 3:16).
- It is amazing, but every true believer can now live and operate in the power and the might of God. What an amazing fact this is. We do not have to wait for eternity to live in the power and might of God’s Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ Ephesians 6:10-18. One might ask where is that found? Please see the armour of God in Ephesians 6:10-18.
“For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power” (I Corinthians 4:20).
“Saying, we give thee thanks, O Lord God almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned” (Revelation 11:17). (2)
“And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, ‘Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth’ “(Revelation 19:6). [And every Christian said Alleluia.]
2. The result of God’s salvation will be glorious: Satan will be barred from heaven. He will no longer be able to accuse believers before God. Scripture teaches that Satan takes the sins of believers and throws them up into God’s face. He points out every failure of a believer. Why? As stated before, to hurt and cut the heart of God. God gave His Son to die for the sins of men. Therefore, every time a believer sins, the devil reminds God:
- that the death of His Son was wasted and useless; it was not worth the price if believers are going to trample underfoot the blood of Christ.
- that the believer’s love for Christ and God is hypocritical and shameful.
- that the believer could care less about God and Christ: he does not care enough to obey God. If he did, the believer would not sin.
- also he accuses that the believer is not worth all the pain and hurt; that God should go ahead and wipe out the human race. On and on we could go, BUT the point is the accusation of Satan is against believers.
But note: Satan will be thrown out of heaven. He will never again be able to appear before God and cut God’s heart by the sins and failures of believers.
“And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him” (Zechariah 3:1).
“Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them” (Job 1:6).
3. The weapons used to gain victory over Satan will be threefold. Remember these are the very weapons that Michael and the angels will use in the battle with Satan (Revelation 12:7-9). Michael and the angels will protect Israel and the believers in the end time, and a remnant of Israel and of Gentiles will be saved. How?
a. By the blood of the Lamb, of the Lord Jesus Christ (see Revelation 5:6-7).
b. By the word of their testimony, that is, by proclaiming the Word of God and continuing to confess the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
“For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:20).
“Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;” (2 Timothy 1:8).
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear” (I Peter 3:15).
c. By being loyal to Christ even to death. Note: many will die, millions in fact. But they shall live eternally. They shall never taste death. Quicker than the blink of an eye God shall transfer them to heaven into His very presence. But remember why: because they were loyal; they stood fast in Christ and refused to deny Him, they claim the blood of Christ.
“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it” (Matthew 16:25).
“And he said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me”(Luke 9:23).
“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:26-27).
“And he said unto them, ‘Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake, who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting’ ” (Luke 18:29-30).
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord” (I Corinthians 15:58).
“And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever” (2 Timothy 4:18).
FACT: The only way we can ever conquer Satan is to use these same three weapons.
- We must be covered by the blood of the Lamb and we must claim the blood of the Lamb.
- We must have a strong testimony for Christ, strongly proclaim the Word of God and continue to confess the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
- We must be loyal to Christ even to death (Matthew 10:22).
(Revelation 12:12) Warning – Satan: the warning to earth is given. SATAN WILL BE CAST DOWN TO EARTH, and he will have one more chance to wreck and destroy all he can.
- First, the rise of the Antichrist is a judgment upon earth and its people. Why? Because of the people’s ungodliness, evil, idolatry, murder, sorcery, immorality, and thievery. In the end time evil will grow worse and worse. Therefore, God will let man run wild with their evil, have their own way; and in the end, men will turn to a world leader who promises utopia upon earth, the Antichrist himself.
- Second, Satan has been cast out of heaven. In the GREAT TRIBULATION Satan is a defeated foe, but he will not be destroyed– not yet. God is going to judge the world through him.
This is what is being pictured in verse 12. When Satan is cast out of heaven, he knows he has but a brief time. Therefore, he stirs up the Antichrist to create the worst devastation ever seen upon the earth.
(Revelation 12:13-17) Satan — Israel — Believers: The dragon, the devil, will launch a terrible persecution against the woman (Israel). Three points should be seen:
1. Satan will severely persecute the woman, Israel, and all true believers who refuse to deny Christ. There will be a holocaust unparalleled in human history. Through the Antichrist, Satan will launch an attempt to literally wipe the Jews and all believers from off the face of the earth. The world will witness not a local or national holocaust but a world-wide slaughter. All over the world…
- the knock on the door by secret police will be heard by frightened Jews and believers hovered in the corners of their homes.
- the arrests and jailings will be difficult and quick and will include children as well as adults.
- the boxcars will roll once again as they have so often in history, packing Jews and believers together like herded cattle.
- the execution camps will be restored, and the executions will be quick and efficient.
2. The woman (Israel and believers) will be delivered by the wings of an eagle [Revelation 12:6, 14]. This is simply a picture of the delivering arms of God. This does not mean, of course, that no Jew and no believer will be killed. The exact opposite is true: the antichrist will slaughter millions more by far than any other holocaust ever launched in history so many killed that no one could count them (Revelation 7:4, 9). God will give His people the wings of an eagle to deliver some of them home to heaven and others to safety upon earth.
Note that the persecution will continue for three and one-half years (Revelation 12:6).
“Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles’ wings, and brought you unto myself” (Exodus 19:4).
“As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings: so the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him” (Deuteronomy 32:11-12).
3. The serpent, the devil, will attempt to flood Israel and believers with tribulation after tribulation. The idea is, an on-rushing flood of trouble and persecution, attempt after attempt, horror after horror.
“The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid” (Psalm 18:4).
“For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him” (Psalm 32:6).
“Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:” (Psalm 124:4).
“…for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee” (Isaiah 43:1-2).
As we finish today let’s consider how to be blessed by God and obtain benefits from Him:
BENEFITS OF MEMORIZING THE BIBLE:
We find in Scripture that God has certain things He expects His people to do. One of the things God expects us to do is to follow His will (Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success). To accomplish this is to study and memorize His Word.
Another thing God expects His people to do is to live a holy life (Psalm 119:11 “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee” and I Peter 1:15-16 “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, ‘Be ye holy; for I am holy’ “). Memorizing Scripture helps one to live a holy life which brings about God’s blessings.
Memorizing Scripture also helps to keep one on the straight and narrow. “The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide” (Psalm 37:31).
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee” (Psalm 119:11).
There is much to think about and to memorize in God’s Word. We will examine more in our future studies.
If you are not saved and would like to look forward to being with God in heaven please consider Romans 10:9-13, especially verse 13 and John 3:16. God sent His Son into this world for you!
You can be saved if you want to know God as your Savior…. It is up to you.
Log onto wilkinsradio.com to find a station near you that streams live our “Reaching Out” broadcast. We welcome your questions and comments at email@example.com or at 931-707-2728.