THE SEVEN TRUMPET JUDGMENTS: EVENTS DURING THE GREAT TRIBULATION,
INTRO: There will be great trumpets which indicate judgment that will be blown upon the earth. Remember, this will be the judgment of God upon a world that will slaughter the innocent and curse God, a world of ungodly and evil people who will:
- reject God,
- deny God, and
- rebel against Jesus Christ.
This judgment of God is against a world that will launch the worst holocaust in the history of the world.
- The world will slaughter millions of believers who refuse to deny the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The believers will also refuse to accept the mark of the Antichrist.
- The believers will refuse to bow down before the image of the Antichrist.
God’s judgment will be trumpeted across the face of the earth. Judgment will fall upon the man, the ungodly, and the evil of the world. However, God’s judgment will never fall on His own people.
NOTE: The seven angels, whom we saw in our previous study, will prepare to sound forth the trumpet blast of their judgments.
- Our passage today deals with the first four trumpet judgments.
- The judgments will focus upon natural catastrophes, both upon the earth and upon the heavenly bodies.
NOTE: The purpose of these natural disasters will be to bring people to repentance.
- The first trumpet: produced a fierce storm (Rev. 8: 6-7).
- The second trumpet: a massive volcanic explosion (v. 8-9).
- The third trumpet: a meteoric mass (v.10-11).
- The fourth trumpet: an astronomical eclipse (v. 12).
(Revelation 8:6-7) – TRUMPET JUDGMENTS: Initially we will see the a blast of the first trumpet judgment, that of a fierce storm. Remember the terrifying disturbances that will be taking place in outer space and upon earth in the latter days. The universe and the laws of nature will be swaying; enormous and violent disturbances will be taking place all throughout the universe. We saw this under the seal judgments.
“And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; and the stars of heaven [meteorites] fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places “(Revelation 6:12-14).
NOTE: These cosmic disturbances will cause utter chaos in the earth’s weather pattern.
- A violent storm will brew SOMEPLACE on the earth.
- This storm will be more violent than any storm that the earth has ever seen before.
- The storm will rain HAIL that looks LIKE FIRE MINGLED WITH BLOOD.
- The reddish color will no doubt be a mixture of sand blown up into the clouds by some of the most fierce winds ever seen by man.
Note the force of the winds. The storm will be so strong that its winds will carry it across one third of the earth — strong enough to destroy and devastate one third of the vegetation (grass and trees).
Think of the enormous destruction and utter devastation that will be seen:
- The destroyed crops and food supply for both man and animal.
- The interrupted agricultural rotation through lack of seed and the ability to plant again.
- The shortage of food.
- The dry, desert lands that will result from the destruction of trees.
Think about it, one third of the vegetation of the earth will be destroyed in this judgment. Why? Because the end of the world will be at hand. God will begin to judge the ungodly and the evil of this earth. It will be time for people to know that God is truly God, and that He is to be obeyed or else people will be judged and punished. This judgment will be a warning; people must repent or even worse judgments will come.
- This judgment will be very similar to the plagues upon Egypt by Moses.
“And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven: and the LORD sent thunder and hail, and the fire ran along upon the ground; and the LORD rained hail upon the land of Egypt. So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation” (Exodus 9:23-24).
- This judgment also will be similar to the storm upon the enemies of Joshua and Israel.
“And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword” (Joshua 10:11).
- Other Biblical references to hailstorms are as follows:
“The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; HAIL STONES and coals of fire” (Psalm 18:13).
“Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand” (Isaiah 28:2).
“Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it” (Ezekiel 13:11).
“The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up” (Revelation 8:7).
(Revelation 8:8-9 – TRUMPET JUDGMENTS: there will be the blast of the second trumpet judgment. This will probably be some unparalleled volcanic explosion either from underneath the sea or else close to the sea. The explosion will apparently be as forceful as an atomic explosion, forceful enough to explode a massive rock as large as a mountain into some ocean.
Note the following facts:
- The explosion will be so forceful that the mass of rock flying upward is so large that it looks like a great mountain.
- The explosive mass will be ablaze when it hits the earth.
- The explosive mass will be cast into one of the seas.
- One third of that particular sea will turn blood red.
- One third of the sea life of that sea will be destroyed.
- One third of the ships in that particular sea will be destroyed.
- picture the shortage of sea life for food,
- the devastation to the fishing industry and business,
- the interruption of shipping commerce and trade,
- the financial loss because of the destroyed ships and their cargo, and
- the fact that the commerce and food supply will be crippled worldwide by the blast of the first and second trumpets.
The destruction of fish will be similar to the plague upon Egypt.
“And Moses and Aaron did so, as the Lord commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood. And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt” (Exodus 7:20-21).
“Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land. By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood. Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away” (Hosea 4:1-3).
“For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low: ….and upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon the pleasant picture” (Isaiah 2:12,16).
The Judgment of God was predicted centuries ago.
“I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD. I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD” (Zephaniah 1:2-3).
“He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish” (Psalm 105:29).
(Revelation 8:10-11, TRUMPET JUDGMENTS: there will be the blast of the third trumpet judgment, that of a METORIC MASS. This will apparently be some huge meteor that explodes before it hits the earth. It will scatter over one third of the world.
The balls and particles that fall into the rivers and springs of water will drastically affect the water systems in that part of the world. It will actually poison the water, and before men become aware of it, many will die from drinking the water. Because of the bitter taste of the water, the star is called WORMWOOD. Wormwood is a plant that is very bitter. Think of the effect of this meteoric mass upon the earth:
- the shortage of water,
- the thirst among people,
- the panic because of thirst,
- the mobilization of emergency aid needed to get water to one third of the earth, and
- the sheer terror, fright, and agony burning at the minds because of these three judgments.
But remember upon whom the judgments will be falling; they will be falling upon:
- the ungodly and the evil of the earth,
- upon the Antichrist and his government and followers,
- upon those who have literally slain millions of God’s people upon the earth, and
- upon those who have abused, mocked, cursed, beaten, imprisoned and killed the followers of God’s Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
NOTE: Look at how the bitterness of wormwood is used in Scripture.
- Wormwood became a symbol of idolatry because of its bitterness. Idolatry is a bitter taste for God to swallow; therefore, He will give the idolater the bitterness of wormwood of judgment.
“And the LORD saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein; but have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them: therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink” (Jeremiah 9:13-15).
- Wormwood is used to symbolize the bitterness that an immoral person brings into one’s life.
“For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: but her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell” (Proverbs 5:3-5).
- Wormwood is used to symbolize the way people dismiss and treat God with disdain.
Log onto Wilkinsradio.com to find a station in your area that streams live the messages on this website. Please contact us at email@example.com or 931-707-2728.