Prophecy – 59 -The Seven-Sealed Book, Opened!, Revelation 5:6-8
In our study, we can safely say that God has directed our attention to the simple fact that His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the OMNIPOTENT power of the universe. This is proven again by the search throughout the universe to find someone who can take the book out of God’s hand and oversee the events of the last days. We have seen that the ONLY One who CAN TAKE THE BOOK AND OPEN THE SEVEN SEALS IS CHRIST! (Revelation 5:5-9)
Today we will look further into Christ’s qualifications to open the book!
NOTE: Don’t forget that the number seven in the Bible means completeness, fullness, and perfection. Also, Christ is seen with SEVEN HORNS which symbolizes complete and perfect strength and power. Jesus stands in heaven as the SUPREME POWER and FORCE OF THE UNIVERSE!
(Matthew 28:16-20) – Remember that the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus HAD PREVIOUSLY DIRECTED THEM TO GO. “And Jesus came and spoke to them saying, ‘ALL POWER (Authority) IS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH’ ” (Matthew 28:18, emphasis added, NKJV).
NOTE: This is a significant statement, WHY? Review the following.
*The disciples worshiped Him, but some doubted. They just were not sure about Jesus Christ. But look at what Christ did, He “came and spake to them” (v. 18). Apparently, His COMING AND SPEAKING TO THEM erased their doubt and questioning.
*When we meet Christ as He instructs, He meets us and when He meets us, all fear and doubt vanish. The person who truly seeks after Christ, who truly seeks to meet Him will have his doubts erased. Christ WILL COME AND SPEAK TO HIM, in prayer, in bible study and through pastoral teaching and training.
NOTE: Also, there are appointed places where the Christian is to meet the LORD: in prayer, devotions, worship, and Bible study. When we meet the Lord as He says, He meets us. We must meet the Lord as he instructs if we are to know the reality of His resurrection.
If you are feeling discouraged, and not able to live like God directs, you might want to consider THE help that is found in Scripture such as the following:
“This I say then, Walk [live] in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh” (Galatians 5:16, emphasis added, KJV).
“Let your moderation [gentleness] be known unto ALL men. THE LORD IS AT HAND.” (Philippians 4:8, emphasis added, KJV).
“I CAN DO all things THROUGH Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:13, emphasis added, KJV).
“But MY God shall supply ALL your NEED according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
“I Beseech you therefore, brethren [Christians], by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies [all that you are, mind, body and spirit] a living sacrifice, HOLY, ACCEPTABLE unto God, which is your REASONABLE SERVICE. And be not CONFORMED to this world: but be ye TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind, that ye may PROVE what is that good, an acceptable, and perfect, WILL OF GOD.” (Romans 12:1-2, emphasis added, KJV).
NOTE: Jesus assures His followers of His power (Ephesians 6:10).
- Jesus’ power or authority is a given power.
- It is given by God.
- it is given for one reason: to exalt Christ ABOVE AND OVER ALL.
“And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient UNTO DEATH, EVEN THE DEATH OF THE CROSS. Wherefore God also hath highly EXALTED him, and given him a NAME which is ABOVE EVERY NAME:” (Philippians 2:8-9, emphasis added, KJV).
Jesus’ power is above and over all that is in heaven and in earth. His authority is over all the universe. His authority includes the right to receive worship and subjection of all men who willingly, surrender to His dominion. (Revelation 5:6) Jesus Christ is the omnipotent power of the universe. Remember that the number seven in the Bible means completeness, fullness, and perfection. Jesus Christ is seen with SEVEN HORNS which symbolizes complete and perfect strength and power. He stands in heaven as the supreme power and force of the universe. (Matthew 28:18; John 17:2; John 10:18; Romans 1:4; Colossians 1:16-17; Hebrews 1:1-3).
The Lord’s authority includes the power to rule and reign: (Romans 12:1-2; I Corinthians 6:20; Romans 10:9-10; Revelation 5:10, 12).
Jesus is the supreme INTELLIGENCE of the universe.
The SEVEN EYES symbolize complete and perfect knowledge, intelligence, and wisdom. He is OMNISCIENT; He knows ALL and sees ALL. Absolutely NOTHING escapes His sight and His knowledge.
NOTE: This is a symbol of the seven spirits of God which is the Holy Spirit. In the person of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is everywhere, seeing and knowing all. The point is that the seven spirits indicate the completeness, fullness of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is before the throne in all His perfection and fullness. Therefore, the believer is to find grace and peace in the fullness of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).
It is the Spirit of God who lives within the believer in order to fill the believer with the grace and peace of God.
“What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost WHICH is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore GLORIFY GOD in your body, and in your spirit which are God’s” (I Corinthians 6:19-20, emphasis added, KJV).
POINT: The body is designed to be a member of Christ. The point is emphatic: note the three forceful questions:
- “Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?” (I Corinthians 6:15, 19).
- “Shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot?” (I Corinthians 6:15).
- “…Know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body?…” (I Corinthians 6:16)
The point is critical, so think: ask yourselves these questions. Recall, remember – regain the knowledge of what the Lord teaches: ” Your bodies are members of Christ.” What does this mean? At least three things:
- The believer’s body BELONGS TO CHRIST. Christ died for the believer; He redeemed the believer, paid the ransom for his body. Therefore, the believer OWES Christ his life and body (I Corinthians 6:20).
- The believer actually receives the divine nature of God when he is converted. He becomes a partaker of God’s very own nature (2 Peter 1:4; I Peter 1:23).
- All believers form the body of Christ on earth today. They are united around Christ, around His Spirit, His ministry, His purpose, cause, objective – His life – all that He is.
(John 14:20; John 17:23; Romans 8:10; Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:27; I John 3:24; Revelation 3:20).
- The body IS NOT designed to be the member of an harlot nor of any other immoral partner. The body was made to be the member of Christ, WHICH MEANS that we are to honor Him with our bodies. We are to take the sexual drive and energy of our bodies and use them IN HIS NAME or AS HE INSTRUCTS:
- EITHER WE DEDICATE OUR LIVES SOLELY TO Him as eunuchs,
- or we marry and build a family with the dynamic virtues of love and care, trust and loyalty (Ephesians 5:18; 22-33).
The believer is a member of Christ, His representative of Him on this earth; therefore, we are not to be joined to a harlot, to any illicit partner. We are not to become one flesh with anyone other than a legitimate spouse, for we are members of Christ and His cause upon this earth.
- The person joined to the Lord is one spirit. The point is graphic: the believer’s union with Christ is much stronger than any physical relationship. How? Christ and the believer become ONE SPIRIT, and that spirit connects them in the greatest possible union.
- The believer receives the mind of Christ at salvation.
“For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ” (I Corinthians 2:16).
- The believer receives the Holy Spirit of Christ (I Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13-14).
- The conclusion of this point is imperative:
- flee fornication (all forms of immorality).
- for the person guilty of immorality sins against his own body (I Corinthians 6:18).
NOTE: IMMORALITY — BODY. There are several reasons why sexual immorality is a sin against a persons’ own body. Let’s examine why!
- It lowers the person to the level of an animal. It is simply the wrong view of a man. It views man as a beast, ignoring man’s spirit. It declares that life is to be lived on the level of passion and instinct, ignoring the life of the spirit.
- It looks upon the other person only as an instrument, a tool to satisfy urges and passions. It ignores the satisfaction and peace of heart and mind.
- Sexual immorality corrupts the temple of God. The Bible teaches that man is a child of God by creation. He possesses spirit as well as physical urges. And when a man truly believes in Christ, Christ is said to dwell WITHIN him. This makes the human body the VERY TEMPLE OF CHRIST’S PRESENCE, which means that the body belongs to Christ. It actually is the body of Christ. Therefore, if a believer commits immorality, he is joining the very body of Christ to a harlot.
- The TRUE VIRTUES of man’s basic nature are deeply affected. For example, man’s basic nature is…
- to love and to be loved,
- to give and to receive,
- to live and let live, and
- to be loyal and trustworthy.
The list goes on and on and you could add to the list. But note something important: when a person has an immoral relationship, every one of the basic virtues of man’s nature is disturbed. His whole body is affected. His love, loyalty, and life are not focused, they are scattered. All that he is can never again be focused upon one person. One person will never again have his complete love, complete loyalty, or complete life.
- The emotional and mental makeup of a person is affected more deeply than by any other sin. When a person commits an immoral act, he soon feels and senses guilt when he is all alone thinking about his life. The person may not call it guilt; he may say that he just FEELS BAD. But the bad feeling or guilt is a natural result of immorality.
Why does immorality cause a man to sense guilt? Because it is a violation of the law of God. God has built man to take care of his body, of his family, of his society, and to protect the bodies and families of others.
If a person, man or woman, takes a virgin or the wife or husband of someone else, he or she endangers that person and that family. He or she damages…
- the person’s body; his or her emotional, mental, and physical nature.
- the family’s unity and cohesiveness. He or she damages the trust and oneness the spouses have in each other, and he or she the security of the children.
- a sword of divisiveness sets in, and the feelings of guilt and disturbance take over.
- loyalty is weakened in the person, the family, and the overall society.
NOTE: (I Corinthians 3:16). The church – The temple of God – The Holy Spirit: the building is identified. It is the temple of God, the church, indwelt by God’s spirit (I Corinthians 6:19). This is one of the glorious truths of both Scripture and the Christian experience. The word “body” is singular: each believer is a temple of the Spirit of God (John 14:17; John 14:20; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2:22; 2 Timothy 1:14; I John 2:27).
FACT: The Holy Spirit is the gift of God. A man does not receive the Spirit of God by working for Him. He receives the Spirit of God as a gift from God (Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19).
- God lays claim to the body of all true believers. Believers do not own their bodies, not any more. Jesus Christ bought the bodies. Therefore, the believer is now a servant of God, bought and paid for by the blood of Christ (I Corinthians 6:20).
- The body and spirit are both designed to glorify God. Note that a temple has no other purpose for existing except to house God’s presence. It has but one function–RECEPTIVITY.
Note that the function is NOT ACTIVITY. All activities of a temple should be to prepare for the reception of God’s presence. The case for taking care of the human body has been stated as clearly as it can be. The body and spirit of man have been created by God to glorify God. They both belong to God through the redemption that is in Jesus Christ.
“And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, the four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying ‘Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created’ ” (Revelation 4:9-11).
(Matthew 5:16; John 15:8; Romans 15:5-6; I Corinthians 6:20; 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12; I Peter 2:5).
(1) Do you accept the fact that Christ is the Omnipotent Of the universe?
(2) Do you accept that Christ only was qualified to open The Book in God’s hand?
(3) What does the number seven mean in the Bible?
(4) When we meet with Christ, what vanishes?
(5) What are the appointed times the believer is to meet With Christ?
(6) Do you believe that Jesus has the right to receive worship?
(7) Do you believe that Jesus is the Supreme Intelligence in the universe?
(8) Do you believe that the Holy Spirit indwells the believer?
(9) Do you believe that your body is a member of Christ?
(10) Do you believe that your body belongs to Christ?
(11) Do you believe that your body is the Temple of God?
“Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him” (Isaiah 43:7).
RSVP your comments or questions to email@example.com. We would appreciate hearing your comments.