MATCHING THE COMBINED TRAITS OF THE ANTICHRIST
THE TRAITS OF THE METALS OF THE IMAGE
OR OF ITS EMPIRE
- IS VALUABLE AND DESIRED
- HAS A HIGH LUSTRE THAT ATTRACTS AND APPEALS TO MEN
- IS EXTREMELY INACTIVE; THAT IS, IT IS UNAFFECTED BY NATURE: AIR, HEAT, AND MOISTURE
- HOLD’S HEAT AND ELECTRICITY; IT IS A VOLATILE ENERGY WHEN PRESSED
All of this means that:
The Antichrist Will Combine All the Traits of the Four Empires
- The Antichrist will be desired by the world.
- The Antichrist will be attractive and appealing to the world.
- The Antichrist will be unfeeling and unaffected by the sufferings of the environment and of people.
- The Antichrist will be volatile, wrathful, vengeful. (Satan looking for weak Christians, I Peter 5:8)
- is malleable and easily beaten into all shapes and forms
- is tarnished
- is the most superior of all metals in CONDUCTING heat and electricity
Which means that:
- the Antichrist will have great ability to compromise and give and take.
- the Antichrist will be easily corrupted.
- the Antichrist will be a strong commentator, able to pass on his ideas and wrath to others.
- harder than most common alloys (except steel)
- strongly resistant (often used in bearings, fittings, etc.)
- that the Antichrist will be hard and indifferent to others.
- he will resist and stand against opponents, strongly so.
- is easily magnetized
- is easily combined with other metals
Which means that:
- people willingly follow him.
- Antichrist will be able to combine others into a confederation of states, ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.
THE TRAITS OF THE FOUR BEASTS:
The Antichrist will have a mouth like a lion.
- The Lion has a ferocious roar will sweep world-wide and will shout blasphemies that will strike fear in both nations and people.
- The Lion has sharp teeth that will drive deep into the flesh of the world, tearing, chewing, and eating up the nations and peoples of the world.
The Antichrist will have feet like a bear.
- The Bear has big and tough feet that will cover a large area and pursue its prey of people and nations without giving up.
- The Bear has strong claws that grip the prey of nations and people without letting them go and possessing the power to rip them apart. He will destroy the nations that he attacks.
The Antichrist will have a body like a leopard.
- The Leopard is sleek and beautiful and attractive; it has a nature that appeals to the nations and people of the world.
- The Leopard is full of spots that symbolize an evil, sneaky, ferocious, and wild nature.
THE DREADFUL AND TERRIBLE AND STRONG BEAST:
The Antichrist will combine all the traits of the old Roman empire.
NOTE: The information for the above descriptions has been drawn from The Preacher’s Outline and Sermon Bible, the Book of Revelation, pages 172-175.
Revelation 13:2-3 – Antichrist: There is the dramatic rise to power by the Antichrist. There will be two reasons for this dramatic rise.
1. The dragon, that is, supernatural spiritual forces, will be at work in world. That great spiritual force, Satan himself, is going to propel the Antichrist into power. The Antichrist is going to be willing to give himself completely over to this world, completely over to secular and humanistic society.
He will give himself over to seeking the power, fame, wealth, possessions, and pleasures of this world. He is going to give himself completely to doing all the evil imaginable.
But note: There will be a vast difference between his [Antichrist] evil and the evil of other men. When we do evil, we do it on a personal and small scale, or if we are a world leader on a larger national basis. The worst examples of secularism, worldliness, and evil ever witnessed have been MAD LEADERS such as Hitler and Stalin.
But the worldliness and evil of the Antichrist will be intensified; it will be far worse. His evil will blow across the face of many more nations and people. His evil will cover the world. Just imagine a Hitler or a Stalin with the power to launch their evil over all the world.
How will one man ever get that much power? We will see the details in a later part of our study. But behind the scenes, behind what people can see with the naked eye, there lies Satan.
But Satan is going to embody the man. The man, the Antichrist, is going to make an alliance with the devil. He is going to give himself totally over to do the works of Satan. He is going to be so committed to evil that the Scripture says that he will come out of the “bottomless pit,” which means he will either come from Satan himself or else will be filled with an evil spirit straight out of the bottomless pit.
Remember: This was pointed out earlier (Revelation 11:7). Note that Satan is going to do these things for the Antichrist.
a. Satan will give the Antichrist his power:
- the power of inner strength and energy and spirit
- the power of personality
- the power of ability, persuasion, and influence
- the power of force and might
b. Satan will give the Antichrist his seat, that is, his throne, his government. Satan will give the Antichrist just what he offered Christ: the governments of the world (Matthew 4:8-10).
c. Satan will give the Antichrist his authority; that is, he will give him complete authority, dictatorial rule and command influence. He will give the Antichrist the greatest power and rule ever known in the world.
2. The Antichrist will be healed from a mortal wound (Revelation 13:3). It is important to see what is being said here. The mortal wound to the Antichrist is mentioned three times in this chapter and elsewhere in Revelation.
“And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast” (Revelation 13:3).
“…[the second beast] causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed” (Revelation 13:12).
“…[the second beast says to] them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live” (Revelation 13:14).
“The beast that thou sawest was, and is not [assassinated]; and shall ascent out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names WERE NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is [raised]” (Revelation 17:8).
“And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth [ruler], and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition” (Revelation 17:11).
There are three possible interpretations of this.
- The death of the beast refers to the political death of the Roman empire. Remember the Roman empire was the beast who had feet of iron and clay mixed. But the iron empire could not last because it had clay mixed in with it. Therefore, it was doomed to crumble and be divided.
However, the iron continues; that is, some of the traits and elements continue in the world. Therefore, in the end time, the old Roman empire will be revived and the spirit of Rome will dominate the world once again.
- The Antichrist will actually be the return of some evil ruler who has lived in past history. The devil will raise him up and send him back to earth (Revelation 17:11).
- The mortal wound is an assassination attempt or some accident that happens to the Antichrist, probably at the beginning of his rule. The false prophet [the second beast] performs a miracle and heals the Antichrist.
Remember: The false prophet will have the power to perform some outstanding miracles. It will be these miracles that will help him to gain credibility and support the masses of the world. This possibility sounds reasonable in light of what is said about the false prophet.
II Thessalonians 2:1-10 “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.”
FACT: The only way to heaven is accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Look at John 3:16 and Romans 10:9-13.
If you don’t —- you are the one making the decision to go to HELL.
“And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:” (II Thessalonians 2:11).
Log onto wilkinsradio.com to find a station near you that streams live our “Reaching Out” broadcast. Give us your comments and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-707-2728.