HELP WITH HARD QUESTIONS – PART 5
When you talk with people about heaven and salvation some will ask you, “What do I do to get saved?” You might want to follow the logic of Scripture to make it easy on yourself. It should be pointed out to them that they cannot earn salvation and that repentance is part of professing Christ. Help them understand that once saved and forgiven the Holy Spirit will live within them and give the ability and desire to resist sin (I Corinthians 10:13).
- Present salvation as it is, a free gift of God (Romans 6:23).
- Help them see from Scripture that Christ is God (John 1:1; Col. 1:16-16; Hebrews 1:8; Revelation 1:8).
- Christ bore our sin in His body (I Peter 2:24) and paid the penalty for breaking the Law of God, which is spiritual death (eternal separation from God).
- Help them understand that they are sinners (Romans 3:23). Yet, God has a gift for them rather than the wages they deserve (Romans 6:23).
- Help them understand their condition when Christ died for them. (Romans 5:6,8,10.).
- Emphasize the fact that salvation is by God’s grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Finally walk them through Romans 10:9-13 and making a decision.
- When they have made a profession help them to understand that they are new creatures in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17) and that they have work to do for Christ (Ephesians 2:10).