“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.” (2 Timothy 3:1, KJV)
I believe that we are living in the last days. The Lord is coming back very soon for His own. Look around at the world and see the terrible shattering of peace throughout the world. The middle East is a powder keg waiting to explode against Israel again. Read our Lord’s description of the latter days in Matthew 24-25. And see if they match what you see in the world today.
Notice how Paul describes the perilous times that he says will come.
“For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanders, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!” (2 Timothy 3:2-5, NKJV)
What America Has Forgot:
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people He has chosen for his own inheritance.” (Psalm 33:12, NKJV)
Of all the nations which have ever been established, the USA is without a doubt the greatest nation that God has ever raised up. As a super power, our ability to change leadership without firing a shot has served as a model to the rest of the world.
In the beginning of this nation, our leaders were deep thinking men. Even though modern day historians attempt to cover the true spiritual roots of this nation, any self-respecting historian is forced to concede our forefathers came to this place to have and offer “religious freedom”.
Their beliefs ran deep, so deep that they were willing to place their lives, their livelihoods, and their families at risk. They gave themselves to principles, ethics, morals and a belief that to succeed God would have to bless them. Many of our forefathers stated that America would need God’s hand to guide it, if there was going to be a future for this nation.
Today, the spiritual foundation and moorings put in place by our forefathers have been all but demolished and uprooted by leaders who do not consider the spiritual foundation of America necessary.
For the most part America’s leaders believe that they can ignore God and His Word. They also seem to think that God isn’t needed and that America can survive on man’s wisdom, not God’s. There are some principles from Scripture that America’s leaders need to understand and return to:
America seems to have forgotten that God is infinite in knowledge. In other words God is Omniscient. God possesses complete and universal knowledge of all things past, present and future. This includes not only the actual, but also the possible.
“For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and KNOW ALLS THINGS.” (I John 3:20, emphasis added, NKJV)
James said “Known to God from eternity are ALL His works.” (Acts 15:18, emphasis added, NKJV)
“He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?…” And he said to Him,” Lord, YOU KNOW ALL THINGS…”(John 21:17, emphasis added, NKJV)
“Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. The LORD lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground.” (Psalm 147:5-6, emphasis added, NKJV)
- America seems to have forgotten what God expects from a nation:
“Sing to the LORD with THANKSGIVING; Sing PRAISES on the harp to our God.” (Psalm 147:7, NKJV)
- America seems to have forgotten the God:
“Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains. He gives to the beast its food, And to the young ravens that cry.” (Psalm 147:8-9, NKJV)
America seems to have forgotten what God delights in and what He takes no pleasure:
“He does not delight in the strength of the horse: He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. The Lord takes pleasure IN THOSE WHO FEAR HIM, in those WHO HOPE in HIS MERCY.” (Psalm 147:10-11, NKJV)
- American has become one of the world leaders in all things like evil, violence, immorality, etc.
If America doesn’t change God will have no choice but to judge our sins as a nation just as He did wrath to Israel. God will either judge American or apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. We are truly a nation having a great need.
- America’s leaders and Christians seem to have forgotten how specific God’s knowledge is of them as individuals and the nation itself.
- God sees all things:
“The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding evil and the good.” (Proverbs 15:3, KJV)
- God knows everything in the universe:
“He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.” (Psalm 147:4-5, NKJV)
“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul, but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from you Father’s will. but the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Therefore whoever confesses me before men, him I will confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:28-33, NKJV)
- God know mankind completely, including every Christian, every individual, every national and local leader. That alone should cause every American to stop and consider their life and their relationship to Almighty God.
- God even knows our thoughts and more:
“O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my raising up; you understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. you have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.” (Psalm 139:1-6, NKJV)
“You have tested my heart: You have visited me in the night: you have tried me…” (Psalm 17:3, NKJV)
God know where we are and what we are doing at all times.
“Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me. And Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me’, even the night shall be light about me; Indeed, the darkness shall to hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.” (Psalm 139:7-12, NKJV)
- God created us and even knew us before we were born.
“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.. I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me. When as yet there were none of them!” (Psalm 139:13-16, NKJV)
God knows our Sorrows:
“And the LORD said; ‘I have surely seen the oppression of my people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know the sorrows.” (Exodus 3:7, NKJV)
- God know our needs:
“For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:32-34, NKJV)
- God knows His Own:
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are One.” (John 10:27-30)
“Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: ‘The Lord knows those who are His’, and , ‘Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.’ ” (2 Timothy 2:19, NKJV)
- God knows the past, present and the future:
“Known to God from eternity are all His works.” (Acts 15:18, NKJV)
Each of us needs to look for God’s solution, not man’s and consider that:
Only God Can Bring Healing to a Nation since He has created each nation and raised them up to bring glory and pleasure to Himself.
“Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created FOR MY GLORY; I have formed him, yes, I have made him.” (Isaiah 43:7, emphasis added, NKJV)
“Thou are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy PLEASURE they are and were created.” (Revelation 4:11, emphasis added, KJV)
Here’s God solution to America’s problems.
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14, NKJV)
As I started this message, I said I believe that we are living in the end times. The Lord is coming back very soon for His own. This should serve as a wake up call to all peoples, especially Christians. Anyone who is using common sense realizes that our nation needs a great healing.
Only God can bring healing to a nation that has fallen into rebellion and sin.
God gives us some very simple ways to please Him and have Him heal our land:
1. Christians must humble themselves before God Almighty. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
2. Christians must pray for God’s healing of America. (I Thessalonians 5:17)
3. Christians must seek God’s Face, by being under the control of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18) and carrying out Romans 12:1-2.
4. Christians must live lives that reflect the Fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-23)
5. Christians must live by faith. (Romans 1:16-17; Habakkuk 2:4)
6. Christians must get rid of sin through using I John 1:9.
7. Christians must carry out Christ’s command to love each other. (John 13:34-35)
8. Christians must carry out their duty to the country:
By paying taxes. (Matthew 22:17-21; Romans 13:6-7a)
- By obeying the laws of the land. (Romans 13:1-5; Titus 3:1)
- By respecting and honoring those in positions of authority. (Romans 13:7b; Proverbs 24:21; Exodus 22:28; Acts 23:5; Titus 3:2; 2 Peter 2:10; Jude 8-9)
- By doing good works. (Titus 2:1; I Timothy 2:1-3)
- By making supplications, offer prayers, intercessions and giving thanks. (I Timothy 2:1) To pray for kings and all who are in authority. (I Timothy 1-3)
9. Christians are to live as sojourners and pilgrims in this world. (I Peter 2:11)
10. Christians while here on earth living as pilgrims are to live, remembering that their true citizenship is in heaven. (Philippians 3:20) We are to be a blessing to the country in which we live.
11. Christians are to love God with all our being. (Matthew 22:34-38)
12. Christians are to obey God from the heart:
- If we love God, we WILL keep His commandments. (I John 5:3)
- Even as Jesus taught that keeping His commandments is evidence of true love. (John 14:15, 21, 23)
13. Christians are to make God our Number One Priority in life.
- His will, His rule, His righteousness should be our first priority. (Matthew 6:33)
- We ought to obey God rather than men. (Acts 5:27-29)
Christians ought to be as concerned about our country as God is.
- Christians ought to be a blessing for any country in which they reside through carrying out Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8.
- Christians ought to be a source of revenue, respect the laws and give reverence for those in authority in the country in which they reside.
- Christians ought to be a blessing as: They render first to God what is His due, and then what is due to the country in which they reside.
- Christians ought to respect the priority that has been given by God and be good citizens.
It is never too late to do it God’s way and see His blessings.