DEDICATION TO GOD PRODUCES A GREAT COUNTRY! – COLOSSIANS 3:17
“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.” (Colossians 3:17).
Examples from history
II. CHRISTIAN AND DEDICATION
Christian commitment and dedication is important for at least two reasons. First, the urgency of the time demands it; second, it is the emphasis of the Word of God!
III. PERSONAL DEDICATION REQUIRES FIRST A DECISION
Talk with any real counselor and they will tell you that a committed, dedicated life begins with a PRIMARY DECISION (Joshua 24:15, 24).
The early New Testament Christians began the Christian Walk with a primary decision (Acts 2, 8, 9, 10, 16, etc.).
Moses sanctified the book, people, tabernacle and vessels (Hebrews 9:19-23). This set everything apart [dedicated] to a holy calling. God at salvation sets apart [dedicates] the Christian for a particular service. The Bible, through the illustration of Israel, set apart nations for His purposes, America is such a nation.
IV. PERSONAL DEDICATION REQUIRES FOUR THINGS
1. Personal dedication requires DETERMINATION. The Macedonians are a good example (2 Corinthians 8:5). Paul is a good example of dedication (Philippians 4:13).
- Having a right determination requires a right priority (Matthew 6:33).
- Having a right determination will carry a cost (Luke 14:33; Luke 9:57-62).
2. Personal dedication requires DISCIPLINE of ourselves and others (Romans 8:1; I Thessalonians 4:3-6; 2 Corinthians 7:1; John 15:2; Titus 3:3).
3. Personal dedication requires DEVOTION TO GOD (2 Corinthians 3:18; Romans 12:1; 2 Corinthians 5:17).
4. Personal dedication requires DISCRIMINATION (Joshua 24:15; Hebrews 5:14; Colossians 3:1; John 18:36; I Thessalonians 5:21; Romans 12:9).
V. CONCLUSION AND APPLICATION
“Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lost it; and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world; and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” (Matthew 16:24)
TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, HOW DOES IT STACK UP? Make no mistake about it, God needs you and me to live a life of dedication and commitment to Him! I believe that America can again be a great country, but it will require DEDICATED [sanctified] and DETERMINED Christians living a holy, righteous life . . . . is that you?